(803) 646-3900 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020
Virtually There Art and
All rights reserved.
VR Tour Seay House
James Seay, born in Virginia in 1750 and a Revolutionary War soldier, migrated to South Carolina. The first land transaction bearing his name was in 1784 when he received a grant of 200 acres near Fairforest Creek. Jammie Seay died in 1843, at 93, and was buried at St. Timothy's Chapel in what is now the Arkwright Community. He was accorded the full military honors due a patriot veteran of the Revolution.
Type your paragraph here.
Seay House 1770-1800
James/Kinsman Seay House 1770-1800
Originally, it was called the "Jammie Seay House" after a revolutionary war veteran from Virginia. It is reputed to be the oldest house within the present city limits of Spartanburg. Now it is simply known as the Seay House, since recent research indicates that the structure was built in the 1830's and that the individual directly tied to the house is not Jammie Seay (1752-1850), but rather his eldest son Kinsman Seay (1784-1883) now thought to be the houses original owner. Kinsman and his descendants were associated with this house until 1969.
The original log structure was protected from the elements by wood sheathing and presently stands on an acre of land on a knoll overlooking the city. When constructed it was a modest rectangular structure with a loft. A later clapboard addition gave the huse its current "L" shape. James Seay owned as much as 500 hundred acres south and west of the Spartanburg Courthouse. In his old age he divided the tract among his children and may have lived with his son, Kinsman, in the Seay House. Kinsman Seay was respected in the village and a founder of Central Methodist Church. As late as the 1890's Kinsman's unmarried daughters still lived in the house and maintained the family ties to Central Methodist Church.